Our opening times are:
April to September 10am – 5pm (grounds close 5.30pm)
October to March 10am – 4pm (grounds close 4.30pm)
We are open every day of the year except Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
Please note that on event days the only ticket option available is the All Inclusive ticket. The nature of our events means that we cannot offer the Medieval Wall Walk or Prison and Magna Carta ticket options on event days.
In the event of adverse weather conditions, such as snow, ice or high winds, we may close certain parts of the attraction for visitor safety. Please contact us on 01522 554559 ahead of your visit if you want to check which parts of the site are open.
Terms and conditions
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times.
- Please respect our grounds and other visitors and don’t indulge in behaviour that might cause annoyance or offence.
- Visitors must wear appropriate clothing at all times whilst at the attraction. If you are wearing clothing that is likely to cause offence in any way you will be refused entry or removed from the attraction.
- In the interests of safety no drinking glasses are allowed in the grounds. Please use plastic drinking cups instead.
- If you picnic in the grounds please take your litter away with you.
- No dogs except assistance dogs or other pets allowed in the grounds.
- No cycling, skateboarding or use of scooters in the grounds. Cyclists wishing to use the bike racks must dismount before entering the grounds.
- No BBQs in the grounds or other fires.
Our commitment to you
- Lincoln Castle will endeavour to ensure that as much of the attraction is available for visitors to enjoy at any particular time. However, Lincoln Castle reserves the right without prior notice to close and change the programme of attractions from time to time. The reason for closure or change may include technical or operational reasons, capacity, inclement weather, special events or to ensure the safety and security of visitors.
- Please note that due to the conservation requirements of Magna Carta and Charter of the Forest there will be a 3 month period each year when each document is off display. They will not be off display together. A guest document will be provided for visitors' enjoyment instead. Please contact us on 01522 554559 if you want to check which documents are on display before you visit.