Ticketing & admissions
- Entry to Lincoln Castle will be on presentation of a ticket or voucher only.
- Tickets and vouchers are non refundable and non transferable.
- The free return visit must be used within 6 months.
- The free return visit is subject to availability, based on capacity on any given day. We expect there to be availability on most days but cannot guarantee it.
- Free return visits cannot be used for evening performances.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied and supervised at all times.
- Proof of entitlement may be required for concession tickets such as a valid unemployment benefit award letter.
- Castle & Cathedral joint tickets can be purchased at Lincoln Castle, Lincoln Cathedral and Lincoln Visitor Information Centre. If bought at the Castle or Cathedral visitors will be given a ticket to that attraction and a voucher for the second attraction. If bought at the VIC visitors will be given a voucher for each attraction. Vouchers are redeemable at the ticket desk at each attraction.
- Vouchers for the second attraction are open ended but once redeemed the free return visit must be used within 6 months of the date of the first visit.
- If the joint ticket is purchased online through the Castle's website, visitors must collect a Cathedral voucher from the Castle before visiting the Cathedral.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times.
- Please respect our grounds and other visitors and don’t indulge in behaviour that might cause annoyance or offence.
- Visitors must wear appropriate clothing at all times whilst at the attraction. If you are wearing clothing that is likely to cause offence in any way you will be refused entry or removed from the attraction.
- In the interests of safety no drinking glasses are allowed in the grounds. Please use plastic drinking cups instead.
- If you picnic in the grounds please take your litter away with you.
- No dogs except assistance dogs or other pets allowed in the grounds.
- No cycling, skateboarding or use of scooters in the grounds. Cyclists wishing to use the bike racks must dismount before entering the grounds.
- No BBQs in the grounds or other fires.
- Prior permission must be sought for commercial photography and filming in the grounds, including wedding photography, which are subject to fees.
- Do not leave your bags unattended at any time during your visit.
- To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being brought into the attraction, you are admitted on condition that, if requested to do so, you will allow yourself and/or your belongings to be searched.
- It is prohibited to bring into the attraction any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, or other articles which may cause injury. Any person found to be in possession of an article deemed to be offensive or dangerous will be refused entry or removed from the attraction.
- The consumption of alcohol is permitted only in authorised places. These are: North Lawn, South Lawn, in the café or café outdoor seating areas. Any persons who appear to be under the influence of alcohol may be refused entry or removed from the attraction.
- The use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances will be refused entry or removed from the attraction.
- In the interests of safety, Lincoln Castle reserves the right to challenge any behaviour that it deems to be suspicious or unusual in relation to the security and safety of the site, staff and visitors.
- CCTV cameras are used to assist in the proper running of the attraction.
- All items, belongings and other property brought into the attraction by you are at your own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property.
- Lincoln Castle, acting reasonably at all times, reserves the right to refuse entry or remove from the attraction any person whose behaviour may affect the enjoyment and/or safety of other visitors or staff.
- Any person found damaging or defacing any part of Lincoln Castle will be removed from the attraction.
- Any person removed from the attraction for any of the reasons above will not be entitled to a refund.
Our commitment to you
- Lincoln Castle will endeavour to ensure that as much of the attraction is available for visitors to enjoy at any particular time. However, Lincoln Castle reserves the right without prior notice to close and change the programme of attractions from time to time. The reason for closure or change may include technical or operational reasons, capacity, inclement weather, special events or to ensure the safety and security of visitors.
- Please note that due to the conservation requirements of Magna Carta and Charter of the Forest there will be a 3 month period each year when each document is off display. They will not be off display together. A guest document will be provided for visitors' enjoyment instead. Please contact us on 01522 554559 if you want to check which documents are on display before you visit.