Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions
"Wow!", "What a fantastic day out!". These are the sort of reactions that our volunteers love to hear.
Our team of lively, positive volunteers help turn our visitors' day out into a walk through 1000 years of history, and you could be one of them.
Why volunteer with Lincoln Castle?
- The opportunity to be part of an award winning attraction and a great team.
- The opportunity to immerse yourself in 1,000 years of history where it happened.
- The opportunity to learn or further develop customer service skills whilst embracing the historically important role Lincoln Castle has played for centuries.
- Experience of volunteering with the general public, including families and young people.
- Experience of working within a scheduled ancient monument.
- The opportunity to earn a Volunteer Pass allowing free entry to Lincoln Castle. The pass is available after completing 50 hours of volunteering within a 12 month period from April to March.
How old do I have to be?
- The minimum age for volunteering is 16. There is no upper age limit but we will assess that the role is suitable for your age and abilities.
How much time do I have to give?
- The majority of our volunteering roles are for a few hours per week and continue on an on-going basis.
- Take a look at the roles we have on offer to see how much time each role normally involves.
Will volunteering suit me?
- The majority of our roles do not require any specific experience or skills. We are looking for positive and outgoing people who enjoy delivering great customer service.
What training and support will I be given?
- Your volunteer supervisor will help to prepare you for and support you in your role. You will have a thorough induction so that you are confident in what we are asking you to do. You will also be given a Volunteer Handbook which gives practical information to help you in your role. As well as your volunteer supervisor there are also more experienced volunteers and staff on site who can offer advice and support as you begin your volunteer journey with us.
Volunteering is for me – what next?
- Take a look at the roles we have on offer and fill in an application form for the opportunity you are interested in. Once we have received your application a member of the team will be in contact to discuss what happens next. This will usually be an invite to visit the Castle including an informal chat where we can decide if this volunteering opportunity is the right one for you.
If you have any other questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.